In the last week, it seems like things have really changed around here. First, Sophie ate pizza last week. I mean, she ATE pizza. This is huge around this place...this is really her first food. Other than Gerber puffs, cheesy puffs, fruity cheerios, these crazy pea things from Trader Joe's and some bread products like bagels (and always in the smallest of quantities). This is the first time that we had to give her a second helping of anything too. She followed this about two days later with a serious helping of chicken. Yes, chicken. Big sister Emma loves chicken dinos from Costco so I cut up some little chunks for Sophie and we had to make a second round of the goods for her once again. She finished this meal with a big chunk of yummy strawberry. Wow, this is truly progress being made here. It will be very exciting to share the news with Sophie's therapist next week.
More news is that Sophie has also decided that walking is the way to get around for her. She seems to be prefering it to crawling now and walks all over the place. She can make it from room to room now and likes to put her arms in the air while she is walking. Very cute, very funny. Emma really likes to watch her little sister walk too.
Right now, Emma is outside (it is getting pretty late) riding her little tricycle. She has suddenly taken off and looks so stinking cute with her bright pink helmet and pink camo rain boots (a fashion statement, I am certain). I have the feeling she is going to ask to take her tricycle to bed with her tonight. Yikes.
On the crafty projecty front...I am thrilled to have our sitter over tomorrow for a while so that Andy can continue to finish the floor in our bedroom and I can work on Sophie's birthday present. I am making Amy Butler's big flower pillow (I probably will not get to the spider in time). It is very cute and fun to make. I might have to make a second one soon.
Well, all heckanoodles are breaking loose around here so this is it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment