Monday, June 9, 2008

Farewell to a friend


Oh, my dearest pair of blues - how I have loved you.

JCrew got it right with these.

When I gave birth, wearing these again is all that mattered in the "body war" that followed.

I did it. And I did it again after Sophie was born.

But now, you show the signs of aging. You are worn.

You are a little ragged.

The holes just came out of no where.

I bought some patches. But then I saw it. The threadbaredness that you were suffering.

I knew it was bad. I could almost feel the threads breaking with each movement.

Today, I decided it was time to give you rest. I will store you away for the future.

You have given me ten of the best years any pair of denim could give. I appreciate your perfection in style, size, fit. Thank you.

No comments: