
This is our favorite, my girls actually get really excited every time we make this (they are the finickiest eaters ever). I got the recipe from one of the back pages of the April, 2004 issue of Parents Magazine, and we have made this so many times - making the subscription we had well worth it (we have never found another recipe we like this much).
Satay (beef or chicken, or???) with Peanut Sauce (makes 4 servings, using one pound of meat)
The peanut sauce:
In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 3 TBS hot water, 1 TBS soy sauce, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp sesame oil - mix until smooth, add crushed red pepper flakes to taste and set aside.
The merinade for the meat:
Combine 1 TBS soy sauce, 2 tsp vegetable oil, 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tsp sugar, and 1/2 tsp sesame oil. Mix in meat and marinade for 5 minutes. Grill meat to appropriate temperature and serve with peanut sauce on the side - great with brown rice and edamame.
2 comments:
This sounds like a great simple recipe. I'm excited to try it!
I have heard of this but have never tried it, now that I have a recipe I will have to try it! thanks :)
Post a Comment