Friday, July 18, 2008

I had to wash my hair twice today...

...to get the bird poop out.
I was planted flat on my belly in the middle of the backyard, enjoying the backyard - when all of a sudden I felt a little plunk on the top of my head. The little plunk bounced right off and brushed my right arm as it rolled to the grass. It was a purple something leading me to believe it belonged to one of the lovely little birds that munch on our blueberries. Hmm! Well, I had to wash the hair, and now we are moving on.
On another note, I have to sing my praises for Montavilla Sewing Center and Viking. I took my machine to Montavilla yesterday because it was getting a little smelly the night before (like something was burning) and they said they would order a new motor for me and give me a call when it was in. The man also said I could use my machine in the meantime, but to be careful and not let it get too hot. Well, today (not even 24 hours later) I received a message at home that Viking has given them a machine credit to trade me for a new one. A brand new one. Whoot, whoot! Like that. My machine is only 8 months old, so it's not like this is a crazy upgrade or anything, but it is nice to know that the Viking folks don't monkey around and take care of their customers. I appreciate that. Sophie and I are heading there shortly. I have a skirt I want to make.

No comments: