Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Loving the fabric...


I have become a bit of a fabric snob. Now that I have seen the options, shopped the shops, and so on - I just really find myself expecting a lot from fabric. Perfect feel, perfect weight, perfect color and perfect pattern. This Echino fabric has satisfied all of those for me - and I just love it. I made this skirt using this book as a guide, but tracing some of a favorite skirt for the sake of a good fit. I was totally surprised at how well it came together without a true pattern and it fits great. I put in a side zipper (it's invisible, love that) using the invisible zipper foot that is made for my machine (so much better than the cheap plastic universal one I purchased for my old machine). I also used some hem tape (I am just not skilled in the area of hemming at all - especially if the skirt has any curve at the hem) and it worked nicely. I think I would have prefered a hem tape that is not so shiny (although the picture suggests a lot more shine than is really there). I like the contrast though. It's really cute, this skirt of mine. There you go, toot - toot.

No comments: