Thursday, July 17, 2008

She's a smart little bird, that Sophie girl is...

Yesterday morning, Sophie decided to make a mess by filling bowls with water and dumping them into her little potty. She wasn't interested in stopping, so I put her little potty in the garage for the afternoon. Not a big deal as we aren't REALLY trying to potty train her, although she does show interest. Anyhow, late in the afternoon yesterday we were all upstairs and Emma decided to go to the potty. While she was gone, Sophie said she had to go potty (she does this a lot, without it really being the case) and I said, "okay, go in the bathroom then" as if I knew she didn't really mean it. Well, then I decided to go and check on her and I passed Emma in the hall. Emma said "mom, I just didn't tell her to do this, but she did it anyway" - hmmm, makes me wonder now. I go in the bathroom to discover that since she didn't have a little potty anywhere, she made due. My littlest of the little birds decided to poo in the little garbage can. Of course, when I got there she was washing her hands like a good little bird would do. I guess maybe she is more ready than we are.

No comments: