






Only girl mosquitoes bite humans. They use the blood to produce their eggs. Boy mosquitoes don't bite.
I thought it was important to include this tidbit of information on this post (I don't really know why, but my girls are covered in bites which can only mean that there are a ton of new mosquito babies out there ready to bite us more) - it's from a Baby Center e-mail I got this afternoon.
First, I should tell you that Andy is madly building a staircase out back this weekend. He is working so hard, and making really good progress too. I can't believe we are finally there. But, not quite finished yet.
Next, I should tell you about our misadventures this morning. We attempted to take the girls to pick raspberries. We ended up coming home with six peaches and a bag of mixed lettuces. The raspberries are here, but not quite enough to go out in the fields and watch them fall into your pails like we can in about a week. We didn't know this, so we were a little disappointed - although it does mean that Andy got some extra work time. And, the girls got to run in the sprinkler for a while and I got to clear some more weeds in preparation for more ferns and some native flowers. It's really getting lovely out there.
Emma made friends with a caterpillar. She loves it. She put it in the butterfly habitat yesterday with some leaves and brought it in the house for the night (our first wild pet?). Today, she took it out back with her and carried it around the yard trying to find a good home for it. She was worried that there wasn't anywhere to put it where it wouldn't get dirty. Eventually, she put it on some branches of a Maple tree out back. I think it's just happy that it will probably not ever sit on a swing again - yes, she gave it a ride on the swing in her lap. Fortunately, I don't think she ever named it. Phew!
Lastly, if you looked at the pictures, you may have noticed my children playing with scissors. Those are safety scissors (just to be clear). For some reason, Emma asked Sophie to give her a haircut, and yes - my little naked baby (under the smock) obliged her willingly. What a dear. Once the camera came out (shortly after I checked my thoughts enough to realize that there is no way those scissors could be anything BUT safety scissors) - Emma decided that she needed to give Sophie a fresh do as well. They look great. Here I will tell you that if my mom kept more pairs of safety scissors around the house, Nicole would have never had the bad haircut I gave her. Oh, those sad little bangs she sported - sorry about that. Andy and I have discussed the budget friendly perks of them choosing a career path in cosmetology and with Emma's great sense of style, they could really have something here. Do they know that they have a Nana with a history in cosmetology? Well, whatever makes them happy. Just last night Emma announced yet again that she will be a princess when she grows up.
Sorry for all of the randomness. I have been trying to keep up with pictures and our adventures but sometimes our days are just too busy. I must say that my typing speed is getting pretty stellar for me. Is that even the right word to use? I don't know - it's good though.
No comments:
Post a Comment