We made it home yesterday from our long vacation (ten days really is a lot) and I have a ton of pictures and stories to share but since the pictures are still on the laptop at this time, I thought I would instead share the short list of why it's good to be home. Here is what I missed while we were away:
*Charley Girl (it appears that she missed us too, even though she got to swim and run all day)
*lazy mornings (not that this first one was lazy by any means, but it was nice to take it slow)
*conveniences of the big city (the Northwoods doesn't have a New Seasons, and it's not a quick trip down the road if you forgot something - I bought a two pack of disposable Bic razors at a gas station on the way)
*the internet (isn't that sad?, it's true though. I missed my blog, I missed e-mail, I got back too late to schedule the girls for swim lessons for fall - all the classes are full already)
*the newness of our home (even if we did leave things messy)
*our yard (it's still green though, that was nice)
*playdates (these aren't just for the girls and I need one soon - although the kayaking with my sister-in-law was awfully nice)
*semi-quiet mealtimes (I thought I was prepared for the noise of 13 people at the dinner table, five of which were under 6)
*Portland weather (you just never know what to expect here - we missed 104 degrees and some good lightning storms, we made it back for a rainy and breezy day that feels like fall)
That's the list. I am sure that I will realize more as the next few days come and go, but that is what I notice right now. What do you miss when you are away from home?
No comments:
Post a Comment