Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The asked for dress, er well....


So, I didn't really like how the dress was looking in it's final stages. It was too full in the middle chest area. Emma seemed to want to puff out her chest whenever I could get her to model for me. It just wasn't good. I asked her if I could turn it into a skirt instead. She didn't seem thrilled, but look at how cute she is this morning. I removed the yoke from the skirt, added a waist with elastic, and added a cute piece of velvet trim near the bottom there. That part is actually to cover up my messy hemming. I tried something new. It worked just fine, but then I got a little over confident and went for the gold. Oops! But the velvet trim worked magic. If only my child understood the concept of "play shoes". Those should be cute and clean little maryjanes, but no. Anyhow, she went to school cute and happy this morning. Andy took a vacation day today - not to rest his exhausted muscles as you might want to think, but to do more work. That man is amazing! But Emma enjoyed having dad take her to school - she couldn't wait to introduce him to Teacher Lori. She was trying to go to school at 7:30 this morning. Meanwhile, I am making a dent in the laundry pile that accumulated while we were hard at work last weekend. Phew!

No comments: