Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Miss Sophie is turning three...


...really soon in fact. She talks about her birthday party all the time. So, of course there must be one. We didn't have one for her last year - it was an intentional plan - we decided that with no back yard yet, it would be expensive and we were really all about taking care of the backyard. So, we got her a playhouse instead. She still loves it, as does Emma and the neighbors. So, it's good. But, this year the talks about a birthday party started shortly after we started discussing Emma's birthday party. It's been that long. The consistency in her ideas is amazing. "I want a birdy party." The more recent ideas include green frosting on the cake and a green birthday candle. When we were in a store yesterday, I actually asked her what she wanted for her birthday. Here is what she so honestly said: "I want a book about a frog." I asked her if there was anything else, and she never came up with anything. She did at one point remind me about the party and the green frosting and the green candle. I've got that part covered. And, amazingly - this mama can find books about frogs.
Of course, a birthday means a few other things too. I will have a post really soon all about Sophie. With pictures and stories of course. It also means she gets a birthday crown. Check - I will share that soon too. There is also the giant candle that is supposed to last eighteen years that we will need to burn for hours just to get to the 3. Finally, sausage. If you are attending Sophie's third birthday party you will most likely eat sausage. It's what Sophie wants after all.
edit: I had a tutoring session last night and my student asked Sophie what she wanted for her birthday. Of course, the frog book was the first thing she mentioned. BUT - then she added that she wants a doll too. Arrgh! I haven't worked on her doll in a couple months, and now I have just a little time with a lot of work to do. I had gotten to a tough spot in the project and decided to put it down for a while. But now... work, work, work.

1 comment:

Rae said...

So fun! Elliot is 2 now and JUST is starting to really comprehend the whole "birthday" concept. I can't wait until he can get really excited about it!!

It's funny what you said about the Weekend Sewing Summer Blouse pattern - I actually purchased the octopus fabric for the yellow tunic with that pattern in mind, but after assessing it decided the shape would not flatter me at all (esp right now!)...so I improvised instead! At least it was a point of inspiration!!!