Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day



When I called my grandpa today, I got to briefly speak with my aunt Sandy. The first thing she said (practically) was how beautiful she thinks our girls are. I couldn't disagree one bit, although I did point out to her that they are also little monkeys.

I mentioned this to Andy, and he said something he has said before. That he looks at these girls of ours and thinks that they are just the smartest and most beautiful little girls, and reminds himself that he is probably a little biased, being dad and all. Then we talked about how there probably isn't a dad out there who doesn't find his daughters to be the most beautiful and smartest in all the land.

Since Andy so graciously agreed to clean out the garage for Mother's Day this year, he is getting the day off today. Sort of...

He went for a haircut. Now he is getting the studio gear together so that we can head out to the Airplay Cafe for today's Father's Day show. Emma painted him a portrait of himself. We gave him a new book, a bowl full of cherries and a cherry pitter. I saw one on this blog and couldn't resist - oh, and it works great.

Happy Father's Day to all wonderful dads out there. I'll post the portraits that Emma painted soon (yea, she made one of me too). They are sweet.

No comments: