Thursday, July 9, 2009

finally!

It has been a while.
My last pair that really fit, and made my feet happy were purchased and worn for a long time until the birth of Emma. Something horrible happened to my already large feet. They grew.
Fortunately, I was able to still purchase the same shoes - in a bigger size (just half a size bigger, thank you). I wore those for a long time, but strangely they just weren't quite right. Eventually, I allowed them to get icky, icky and icky - in the yard, the garden, on muddy trails, etc. I stopped caring for them as they stopped fitting me (my thought - my feet were going back to normal).
I replaced them a couple times but that is a bad sign since good shoes really ought to last. None felt so good as the first. None could compare in comfort during extended use.
Eventually, I got to this place where I didn't even have a pair fit for wearing - except for a pair of casual tennies that couldn't hit a trail if I cared for my feet - ever.
I have been looking. Always disappointed in the end. But, I never stopped looking. And - Tuesday it happened. A visit to REI with happy girls who love to crawl through the tents and stare dreamily at the canoes and kayaks (we really need to do both, camping first of course). I found some shoes (in my old size, phew!) and after a few minutes in them I decided to bring them home with me. Aaahh! My feet are happy. I wore them for a short Charley walk that night just to test them out and it was good. But yesterday - I wore those babies all-day-long and my feet tell me they are having flashbacks to the good ol' days. And guess what! These new shoes of mine are even the same brand as the old loves of pre prego days. I think I know what my feet like (asics). I am happy to report that I now have a great pair of tennis shoes intended for walking, hiking, playing and my feet are happy.

No comments: