Saturday, March 20, 2010

Some notes:

Recently;
-the girls made a leprechaun trap and went out back to try to catch one (inspired by Mrs. Coats' reading of "The Leprechaun Trap").
-Sophie has asked about her ability to be a mom someday, but then informed me that she would instead like to grow up to be a Tinkerbell. She has since asked about how to become a Tinkerbell almost daily. I have no idea how she should go about this.
-Emma has had an icky asthma week-and-a-half, went on prednisone for the first time and is now taking antibiotics as well.
-I spent a fun week in Emma's classroom working on art projects each day. I love the results, but more than that - I really love the excitement and energy from the kids. Sophie played the part of kindergartner all week too.
-Andy built a second garden box yesterday, we cleaned up the strawberry patch, covered the raspberries to protect them from the deer (who also ate some of my tulips) and then headed to a friend's house for dinner. The girls went to bed at about 11pm last night - a first.
-Easter is coming up and I am working on the ingredients for a true mama-style Easter basket. Currently, there is a book for each girl and I am about halfway through sewing up a set of spring pajamams for the girls. I have one other thing in mind, but only if it manages to go on super sale. Otherwise, a few eggs and we're done.
-last weekend, we planted lettuce, carrots, and spinach. On Thursday, I planted sweet pea, morning glory, and snap peas around the trellis.
-today is going to be gorgeous, and we have no plan other than playing outside all day. I suppose at some point I will need to go to the grocery store, run a load of laundry, and come inside to feed the girls. But, otherwise we will spend our day outside.
-to be planted today - garlic, asparagus crowns, mammoth sunflowers, and bush beans.

No comments: