Wednesday, April 14, 2010

amazon is amazing

There isn't much you can't find on Amazon. I discovered just today that you could purchase a Mimosa tree on Amazon. No way!
We had a Mimosa tree growing in the front yard of our old house. It is one of the things about that old house that I miss. It grew so much during the time that we lived there and those adorable pink puff flowers are just irresistable.
We are hoping to add some more trees to our new home and I have been throwing out the idea of a Mimosa for the front yard. I think we like this idea, maybe we could even call it our birthday present from me to our house (or from our house to me).
On the subject of trees, tomorrow I will be picking up a weeping japanese maple for a little spot in our backyard that needs something special. It should be just the right thing.
Last note on this subject - this weekend should bring some improved weather with it, and maybe we can get some photos of all of the lovelies in bloom right now. I even spotted a double bloom on one of our trillium this afternoon. I think that means it is happy.

No comments: