

I only bought this pattern because the skirt is really similar to one that I like to make for Emma that is in a Japanese sewing book of mine. The book doesn't include Sophie's size, so when I found a copy of this pattern and realized how similar it is to my favorite skirt for Emma, I had to get it. So far, I have made just this one skirt, but I definitely plan to make more and I most certainly will make the cute top that goes with it. The pockets aren't included with the pattern, they are actually from another Oliver + S pattern, but Sophie likes to collect little things so I thought the pockets would make her happy. The fabrics used are leftovers from a Popover Sundress that I made for Emma (also an Oliver + S pattern from Sew Hip magazine), she picked out the fabrics. I also used the remaining scraps to make a fabric covered birdcage for Sophie for her birthday. I will photograph that soon and share as well.
My other sewing endeavors are still in the works from the Elsie Marley week. I did finish the pants (Oliver + S, again), but they are mighty huge on Miss Emma and will have to wait a while before being worn. I also finished one of two pairs of jammy pants, but they need to be hemmed still. I am on step 3 (of about 20) on Sophie's birthday dress. Since I had a house full of sick people for the last week, I would say that's actually pretty good (oh, and the weather has been fantastic so I have truly only sewn in the evenings or early morning and no more than one hour each day).
No comments:
Post a Comment