This week, Emma's class began a unit studying the art of Eric Carle. I actually heard about this unit from a mom last year who said "hope your daughter get's this teacher, she does a fabulous unit on Eric Carle." I mostly forgot about that conversation until yesterday when Emma came home excited about the new unit. She dug through our collection of Eric Carle and asked to take her favorite one with her to school (Mister Seahorse).
I'm so excited about this unit for Emma - she gets to learn about a special author/artist/illustrator. She gets to make some more fantastic art. Emma is having a great time with art right now.
We love Eric Carle around here - I have had this book on my wish list for a while now, it might be time to finally get it. My favorite is certainly "Mister Seahorse", but I also love "The Tiny Seed" and the what do you see/what do you hear books. If you like Eric Carle, you should check out his blog at the very least. There is also a fantastic museum that maybe we will someday visit - so very far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment