Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Progress

I have been planning this quilt for several months, if truth be told.  But, sometimes things take longer than you expect, especially with holidays and birthdays and little ones and such.  Fortunately, things are coming together now, progress is being made.  This one is for Emma.  The gold blocks highlight the gold that is found throughout each of the other blocks in the quilt.  The lavendar color is perfect for her room.  She only just realized that this was for her and she seems pretty excited about that.  I need to find a sheet to use for the backing before I can sew it together, turn it and hand quilt it with lavendar ties in each of those gold blocks.  So, really the ties will take some time (at night, on the couch, after the girls have gone to bed), but I now feel like this one is almost finished.  There is fabric and batting awaiting it's turn next - a quilt for Miss Sophie.

No comments: