Tuesday, May 10, 2011

bittersweet

I knew this day was coming.  And, this isn't even the big day that is being anticipated.  That day will come in early September.  But, today had it's own little moment of sadness and happiness swirled together.  See, this kiddo here (the one who much too early lost her first tooth just 4 days ago) was registered for kindergarten today.  I know!!!  How can it be?  I just want to know when it was that she became so smart.  Really smart.  So much so that I know she is totally ready (even though she will be a very young kindergartner with a June birthday) and she is going to do great.  Because of all of this smartness, I went ahead and took the big step of registering my baby for kindergarten.  Since there is only one kindergarten teacher and we had her for Emma's first year of school, I know she will be in good hands.  No tears for now... I'll save those for September.

No comments: