
This is the picture I managed to snap super fast on our way out the door this morning for the first day of school. They certainly do look pretty excited about going to school and I was thrilled when we got there and we weren't late. Because we were really pushing it this morning.
But - we made it and Emma has a lot of friends in her class and a great teacher who went to art school before becoming a teacher and loves art and wants to give the kids the best art experience possible. I really love that.
Sophie had her orientation for kindergarten today and goodness, her teacher is going to have her hands full. There are 38 kids in her class!!! One teacher (one full time aide as well), but one teacher who has to teach and instruct and evaluate and manage 38 kids. Goodness! (I really needed to say it again).
The girls are excited to be back to school, back with old friends, making new friends, learning, the routine, all of it. I am thrilled to have time to grocery shop by myself again, maybe keep the house clean, spend lots of time in the classrooms (I imagine they will need it) and other fun school year stuff I like to do.Day 1 seems to have been a success - looking forward to all of the learning and fun this year has in store. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment