Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Soccer




Several weeks ago, I asked Emma if she wanted to play volleyball. There was a short volleyball camp at the start of the school year that her friend was going to sign up for. I thought this might inspire her to try something new (this is exactly how we managed to get her to try soccer in the first place). Her response to me was something along the lines of... "Mom, I don't really like any of those 'ball' games, like basketball, baseball, volleyball. So, if it has 'ball' in it, you don't have to ask."
So, I don't make a fuss about the other sports that she could try - although, I do still offer everytime a letter comes home about yet another sports clinic. I don't want or need her to do everything, but I do hope she is willing to try new things. For now, it's soccer.
Emma and Sophie both have soccer teams this season.  They are both on teams with very sweet friends that they have lots of fun with.  Lucky us!  We only have two weeks of soccer remaining and then sadly, the season ends.  While I know the girls will miss it (and we will have to come up with something else for the winter), I have to admit that 6pm games and practices three nights a week is not going to be missed.  Nope.  But, they have had fun playing and we have had a lot of fun cheering them on.

No comments: