
Sophie turned one. It was almost two weeks ago now...and so much fun. We had a barbeque at Laurelhurst Park (such a beautiful park) with plenty of friends attending. In fact, what was intended to be a little party turned a little bigger than expected (don't all first birthday parties teach us something?). We had about fourty guests including the kiddos and plenty of space. Chelsea (our lovely, wonderful, and amazing babysitter we adore) joined us and took kids to the playground, chased them all over the place, and probably went home more tired than anyone. Sophie got lots of nice presents too. I am so impressed by our friends and their gift choices. It seems that sometimes we get really focused on the biggest, loudest, or silliest when really all we need is a good book, a good lovey, or some other simple, colorful, and charming toy to captivate the small kiddo. My favorite items are a book from the Sameck family, the pull along frog from Greta, the girly and book from Maddie and Samuel, books from the Raz kiddos, and the adorable flashcards from Max. We also received a super cute dressup fairy costume from the Grosscup family which is adorable on Sophie. I am thankful that our friends could be so thoughtful and I hope I can be just as creative when our turn for gifts comes around...
It was also nice to see a couple friends... Don who is about to move to South Carolina in a few weeks and Chris and Chantal who we just don't ever see...the last I saw them they were dating and now they are married and have a sweet little babe named Milo! That is a while of a time.
About the pictures...
The first picture is of Sophie sleeping on her big flower pillow. I made this for her first birthday but only managed to finish it about two days later. She seems to just love it.
Secondly, this is the birthday girl showing her affection for her silly birthday hat. I couldn't resist it...but probably should have. Oh well, no one else had to wear a silly hat and someday she will find this hat in her box of goodies and just love it! I hope.
The third picture is just Sophie's reaction to getting frosting on her face. She wasn't terribly happy about it and did not eat any birthday cake. I don't think that happens very often.
The next picture is just Sophie's "over the top" birthday outfit. I found the skirt at Children's Place when Lynn and I went shopping (it was only $4.50) and in need of a top to match I embellished this onesie with a piece of fabric, several layers of tulle, and a pink butterfly button. It was cute, fun and memorable!
Lastly, by the time we made it home...this was Sophie. She took a really nice nap, as did big sister Emma. Mom and Dad enjoyed some quiet time...
1 comment:
Totally preciousness here! I love these moments with family birthdays! Your children are so darling! You can tell they are loved and nurtured. :))
Post a Comment