Friday, June 15, 2007

Suess-like discoveries

I had to mention this...otherwise I might just forget. Now that I am a momma, I really do forget a lot. I forget my sunglasses, my cell phone or other little things. But I always check the rearview mirror to make sure I didn't forget a child. I love my girls, but they make me forget.
So, before I forget...I was monkeying around on other "truly crafty" ladies' blogs and found someone (and I forget who, I hope she forgives me) who found an old knitting pattern for a "thneed". That's right...sometime after "The Lorax" someone thought it was a good idea to create a pattern and then make a thneed!!! I wish I had a copy of that pattern. I am pretty sure I would be very tempted to make my own set of thneeds and dress the family up for Halloween as a bunch of thneeds (maybe even the dog). We don't actually do that (get dressed up for Halloween) but as the girls grow I really wish someone would have a really great Halloween party so that we could all, just once dress up together in some really fun themed costumes. My current pick would be something silly like Andy is a butterfly guy (what are they called?) and my girls and I are caterpillars and butterflies (poor Charley, there is no winner for her in this one). Anyhow, probably not likely...but maybe I can make it happen someday.
That's all for now. I will try to find the "thneed" blog and credit her properly as she so deserves to be...

(PS - I found the blog - here is a link to her post about the fabulous thneed!...http://thecraftyworld.com/?p=18 )

No comments: