Oh, the weather. Here in Portland, even with capable weathermen on every local channel (and weatherwomen too) - you just never know what you are going to get. For the last week, we have woke up to some sort of snow shower every single day. That is insane. Okay, sure I live on a hill, but really this is just not the norm. But today... well, we woke to fog. Thick, dense, this is why people call it pea soup kind of fog. It didn't last though...good old mr. sunshine bust through that fog and hung around for the entire day. Ah, so kind. I think we are expecting actual temperatures to reach the sixties this week. What a switch. I guess that's spring for you. At least in this part of the world.
Oh yeah, today I got a bit of a headstart on an outfit I have dreamed up for Sophie. The pattern is Burda 9708. I am only making the dress part and I intend to make it a little short (more of a swing tunic thing I guess) and then I am making the fabulous ruffle bloomers (only I intend to crop those as well) from the Jackie Clark "britches and bloomers" pattern. Oh, you should know that I was at Fabric Depot one day and saw a woman browsing through the Amy Butler fabrics and holding this pattern but I didn't know what it was or where she got it. I chased her down following her all through the store hoping to get a better glimpse of the packaging so that I could get one of my own. Gee, I should have just asked her - you think? Anyhow, I am using white cotton/bamboo blend for the bloomers with a ruffle (capri length) and this vintage inspired fabric for the swing dress from vintage flower garden by Maywood. It's a cute little mustard yellow and I think it will be lovely. I will have to plug away a little more and put some pictures together soon. Meanwhile, I am also realizing that my mind only works when I have ten things to work on at once. Let's see:
1 - baby hat for future nephew
2 - Andy's quilt (hoping to finish for an anniversary gift)
3 - cute little outfit mentioned above for Sophie
4 - tote bag for Emma because Sophie got one and she wants one too (I will add a post about that bag soon)
5 - tote bag for nephew's 5th birthday - to include aliens and art supplies (you'll see)
6 - 1/2 apron for Emma (birthday fiasco I will describe in a separate post)
7 - tutu for Emma using new idea
8 - new business cards, postcards, and gift certificates for business
9 - my own Amy Butler Swing bag - I made one for my mom (hoping for a picture soon) but I want one too
10 - skirt or something using my very special Echino fabric (my first fancy fabric purchase)
See, it really does work this way. Sadly, as soon as I finish one project I will find myself desperately searching for something new to work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment