Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Back!!!


I hope...

To get things started in the direction I had long ago intended, here is a photo of my baby wearing her Halloween costume - made by momma. The Elf hat and jacket are from the wonderful Angry Chicken book (serious momma brain happening here, and you wonder why it took me so long to come back to this little blog) - it's called "Bend the Rules Sewing" (phew!)- oh, you know the one. I tied strips of tulle around a long strip of grosgrain ribbon until it would wrap around my daughter's teeny little waist and used the rest of the ribbon length to tie it at her back. It worked well. Add a pair of brown pants and some brown Robeez booties and you have a little woodland elf. My lack of experience in this "homemade costume" arena meant that big sister Emma got a store-bought costume again this year. Oh, but I do have big plans for next year.

No comments: