

I get a little stressed about pretty small things. Emma's birthday was a big one. She turned 4 in February and I felt like this was the first time she was making comments about what she wanted and I just really hoped to give her a fun party. Not to mention that I spend WAY too much time worrying about how well my party is received. In the end, it isn't all about the birthday girl. I was stressed.
I planned a baking party for 10 little girls (one boy too). The kiddos each had an apron that I made using Amy Karol's book - I just altered the apron pattern to fit my kiddo, but then gave it a bunch of extra since she is such a wee little waisted kid. I made a very special apron for Emma using the "Little Retro Aprons for Kids" pattern book and a bunch of lovely Heather Bailey fabric. It was adorable. Unfortunately, I used scrap fabric for the other aprons and she really LOVED one of the aprons that her friend got, threw a fit, traded with her (really this was a much better apron), traded back later... and now wears her fancy retro apron proudly every time we bake together. The ridiculous look on her face in one of the pictures is truly how she felt at the time.
This little mama also got her first apron out of the whole event, but that picture will stay in the archives for now. Boy do aprons accentuate all that child bearing has given me!
Back to the party though - the kids mixed the ingredients, stirred the batter, poured it into the pans they greased, made fancy decorations to put on the cake and then devoured it. It was far from the best cake, but thanks to this lady, we had a really fun party that I needn't have stressed over. I'm learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment