
Well, this is Sophie's birthday gift pinafore. I bought the fabric with her birthday money from Grandma Dia and Nana Nana (the pattern too, it's an out of print from Simplicity). It was really quick to sew and I love it on her. She just moved too fast when I attempted a front view, so maybe I will add that one later. I am planning to make the bloomers to match as well.
2 comments:
Oh, this is so precious! I love the soft, buttery yellow fabric. The bird print is just perfect for an old fashioned pinafore, and that sweet impish grin over her shoulder is quite cute too. I hope you are able to get a photo of the front view someday!
I would love to know...how do you get out of print patterns? Is this something you already had on hand or is there an online source you use? I could get lots of miles out of a pattern like that. I'd love it in a holiday print!
Thanks for the lovely comments. I found this pattern on Simplicity's website, they actually have a section for searching through out of print patterns. But then, there is also ebay but for me, I have to know what I am looking for because there is so much available there and you could spend days looking through it all. On this pattern, there is also a tutorial on Mayfly (see my blog favorites) that is very similar except with ties at the shoulders. Good luck with your hunt for good patterns - why do they stop making the best of them?
Post a Comment