


...wouldn't that be lovely? I think so. I took the girls down to Oregon City to Albeke Farms for some berry picking this morning. We met up with my friend Lynn and her girl Mika. It was painful to see how efficiently she could pick with just one kiddo there to distract her while my two little monkeys seriously held me back. But, thanks to a little help we did manage to leave with 8 beautiful pounds of strawberries for just 95 cents a pound. Can you believe it? My girls were entertained in the great outdoors for two hours and we walked away with amazing berries. After dinner, I cleaned and stemmed about four pounds, spread them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and stuck them in the freezer for a few hours. Then I moved them to freezer bags, double lined. Great, another four pound batch tomorrow (minus enough for munching the day away) and we will be back in the fields in no time. I am a little inspired to gather enough fresh berries to freeze and hopefully make some jam and keep us thinking happy thoughts of sunshine through our next cold and wet pacific northwest winter. Since it was blogged about on Heather Bailey's blog, I kind of feel like I might show up with an ice cream maker tomorrow night too. It's going to be her fault. Nevermind that Andy's family made homemade ice cream a lot when he was a kid and when I asked him about it, he said it was the best ice cream ever. How does one resist that temptation??? Not this girl.
by the way, Emma is just downright happy to be on that swing - but Sophie, well she is checking out the hawks. Yep, they came back last night. Maybe we need to get rid of the bird feeder, as I am starting to feel like we're baiting the chipmunks and squirrels for these birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment