

This is the start of something warm and fuzzy. It's going to be a lovely little roll neck sweater (pattern #9730) for Emma. She has an affection for all things pink, making it tough to pick out yarn, fabric, toys, etc. for her. When I saw this yarn I knew it would make her happy and help me stay inspired. I think I recently mentioned this about fabric and it's true about yarn for me too. If I don't like the yarn - the color, the fiber, or the feel of the yarn - it's hard for me to stay inspired and dedicated to the project. I love so much about this yarn. For one, it is not JUST pink. It is a girly girl swirl of colors that create a wonderful pattern and will "go" with everything. Then, of course I love that it is wool for warmth and I love that it is machine washable. Oh yes, a necessity around here. My girls make a huge mess with everything they do (not so girly girl, I know). My exact yarn is the Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Paints, color 9860 (jellybean). Everytime Emma sees me working on the sweater, she mentions how beautiful the yarn is. I just hope it doesn't take so long to knit that she loses interest when it is finally wearable.
A side note, mostly for my own reference someday - I actually use needles two sizes bigger than suggested in the pattern. I have a really tight gauge. I should probably note this directly on the pattern too, for future use - the pattern does go up to a size 12. Wow, what will my girls be like when they are wearing a size 12 sweater? Will a rollneck sweater even be cool by then? They will probably be horrified (I can just hear Sophie now: "Emma, mom is making you another sweater!!!"). Hope not.
No comments:
Post a Comment