Tuesday, September 16, 2008

too hot..

It's hot. It is also the time of year when hot isn't necessarily welcome. We had 90's today and yesterday. Probably not tomorrow, and it should be much better the next couple days. But still, it's been hot. I am ready for the cool days of early fall. I want to plant my 100 crocus bulbs and 60 tulip bulbs. Just not in the hot sun. So, maybe this weekend.
Sophie and I came home from taking Emma to preschool and I pushed her in the swing for a full hour. Finally, I talked her into going inside. Or maybe she needed to go potty, I am not sure which it was. It was a lot of pushing. The kid is obsessed.
Our neighbors have begun erecting their enormous play structure in their backyard. The girls are watching excitedly - after all, the boys did spend the bulk of the summer playing in our backyard. I should be able to send my monkeys their way once in a while now, right?
I made a couple of really cute things this past week. I just don't have pictures to show for them just yet. Working on it though... one of the items is a skirt in Sophie's size. The one I made for Emma doesn't have a pattern in Sophie's size, so I needed something else and I didn't want it to look "Little House on the Prairie". It only took me a week of looking before I found this pattern that was already in my stash. Lucky me, because it is really darn cute. Sorry for the teaser, but you will have to wait for the pictures.
Yesterday, Sophie and I went to the indoor play park (it is seriously just that hot) and she basically got in and out of every single ride on toy there. I just watched. They all have a sign on the back that says "Please do not push this toy". Really? Well, I did as I was told.

No comments: