




Well, here it is - finished. Since Andy is getting it for Christmas, I have plenty of time to discover and fix my mistakes. He knows about it and he saw it after it was quilted, but he hasn't seen it since I finished the binding this morning. It's packed away now too.
This is the learning quilt because I learned a little while making it. Number 1: If I think I am ever going to be a real quilter (fortunately not), I need a fancy quilting machine. I paid someone else to do the work for me. I think she will be doing this stuff for pay until she is no longer able in order to pay for the machine. Number 2: I am willing to overlook a few small mistakes so that I may enjoy the sense of accomplishment a little quicker. Plus, I don't really know how to correct them. Number 3: Binding a quilt is much easier than I had thought, and I am thinking I may add binding to Sophie's little quilt too (it's too late for Emma's quilt). Number 4: Stick to simple patchwork patterns in the future - the layered, multi-sized, multi-shaped pieces were tricky to lay out.
But, I also learned that my hope to make the girls mixy matchy quilts for their beds someday isn't all that far-fetched. I think I will quilt with straight lines, tie it, and put on the fancy binding. Now to start thinking colors...
No comments:
Post a Comment