







We have had a long weekend here. Emma got a little sniffle again (seriously, it is always a little sniffle - not even enough to warrant a day home from preschool) and it turned into an all-night coughing fest. Not much of a fest, but no one slept - except for Sophie. We put Emma in the bath at about 12:30am, set up the humidifier and gave her the inhaler and some delsym (which she vomited up, from the coughing intensity). Then we called the on call nurse service our pediatrician provides (they are wonderful, they actually pick up the call right away instead of waiting for a doctor to call back an hour later). We spent twenty minutes in a closed bathroom with the shower on super high heat for steam. Another dose of the inhaler. Some warm water. Sleep, on my lap in an upright position. Random coughing the rest of the night. Everyone slept until 8am - at least an hour longer than normal in our house. Today, she insisted on going to preschool, mostly because she didn't want to miss a day with her new friend Erika. She seems fine during the day. It's the night that really gets us. Hopefully, tonight will be more peaceful.
But the title, well...
Happy Birthday Nana!!!
I am glad that I forgot to share these pictures a few weeks ago when Emma and I made the pizzelles, now they are a special treat. Emma asked all about them and I kept telling her how you and Papa would do it. Like when she was growing impatient with the cooking time - "Well, Papa would sit at the table for hours baking these and he never complains." She also learned that Papa likes the crispy, slightly browned pizzelles - after wondering why we were keeping them. She learned that Nana had to give me this recipe at least twice now and that you used to send me big coffee cans filled with pizzelles before I decided to make my own. She only knows the anice flavored variety - why mess with perfection, I say! Lastly, Emma and Sophie are true pizzelle lovers - we finished off one batch in barely a week. There will have to be another batch in our near future...
No comments:
Post a Comment