Monday, November 10, 2008

She sews...


Emma has started sewing a felt butterfly with big chunky yarn and a huge plastic needle. The butterfly already has holes in it, comes with a little stuffing and when she is done, there are sequins to glue on for added beauty. She enjoys it in small spurts - mostly showing interest anytime I sit down to knit for a few minutes. It's good.

Here is a little Sophie - Emma conversation I listened to this morning while eating my breakfast.

Emma: Come here Sophie. Do you want to pick out a doll?

Sophie: I already have a doll.

Emma: Yeah, but this is a new one. Don't you want a new one Sophie?

Sophie: I don't want that one (pointing at a doll in the catalog).

Emma: Well, what about this one, or this one?

Sophie: I like that one.

Emma: That one is for big girls like me. How about this one, or how about the baldy over here?

Sophie: I don't want the baldy Emma.

No comments: