Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Sophie mittens


Emma thinks these are the same mittens that "Baba" made in Jan Brett's book, the Mitten. She keeps telling Sophie to be careful not to lose them. All because of that little trim on the cuffs. It's cute though... she really listens when you read her a good book. I was at a little mommy knitting session a couple weeks ago and a momma there was making some mittens. I thought that sounded nice, and decided that I should make some, or at least give it a try. I did. This pattern came with several hat patterns that should cover my girls' hands and heads for about five more years. By then, they will really be done with me making this stuff for them anyhow. I'm good with that. I used the leftovers from her hat, and now she has a set. These mittens actually fit Emma really well too, and she sort of looked a little like she would enjoy a pair too. I just need to find that one right pink.

No comments: