Friday, January 9, 2009

Daddy's girl




I made this hat for Andy. Emma asked for one, just like it. How could I resist? I had the yarn already, I knew the pattern already, okay. But really, Emma? It's not pink. Are you sure? But, yes - she wanted one just like dad's. So, she got one. She loves it - couldn't wait to put it on. It's still on her head now. Andy still has his on too. He is in the kitchen prepping chicken for the grill and Emma is at the art table, making thumbprint creatures. Neither of them are cold. Oh, and little Sophie tried to take Emma's hat and a fight broke out. She then went to Andy and told him that she really wants a hat just like his too. I'm working on it...
ps - I have to add here that the hat pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I really love this pattern - the man size fits Andy perfectly to his liking and the child size is great for Emma. I love that it is one pattern that comes equipped with several variations, all in one spot. Andy's hat has the ribbed brim and Emma's has the garter stitch brim. The yarn I used is Lorna's Lace.

No comments: