Sunday, January 25, 2009

a light dusting...


It was rather pretty here today. I think that knowing it wasn't going to last certainly helped. But, one thing we didn't do with the big snow was build a snowman. At first, the snow was too soft. Then the winds were too blustery. But now, everything is just right. And this is our snowlady. Emma came up with the hair... it was very important to her. Andy and I had fun "mowing" the front yard as we gathered snow for the body. She's a little cock-eyed, and will probably fall over sometime in the night. Maybe not though. Sophie found the walking sticks. Andy provided the charcoal briquets for the eyes, and hazelnut shell buttons. I brought out the hat, the carrot nose, and cranberries for the mouth.
PS - you should know that it was very important to Emma that we plant a tree next to her snow lady. It's hiding behind Emma, but she built a little mound of snow to plant it in and everything. I think she is ready to have her garden this summer.

No comments: