Sunday, February 15, 2009

Behind the scenes


It's not so easy to see what these are, but they are unicorn lollipops in white with purple shimmer. I made these today as a goodie for Emma's party. We went to the bakery supply store called Decorette, not far from home and Emma found this mold and was super excited about it.


Her birthday is less than a week away. She has asked for lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting in purple. I didn't have a lemon recipe, so I searched the internet and found one to try. Since I wanted them to actually be good, I had to make a test batch today. The lemon frosting was made in pink out of convenience and she seemed okay with that.

I just love that I could easily make these look like the cupcakes we have had in the past from the fancy cupcake shops around town. They also remind me of a Dairy Queen ice cream cone. Fluffy goodness - oh yeah!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum! Wish I could eat one--very nice Barbie

Anonymous said...

I swear, you are Martha Stewart!
-Jen