Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nana-made


These cute little girls arrived in the mail today - for the girls. Their Nana Barbie cut them out of fabric, and attached them to stiff felt and added some velcro. Then she did the same thing with a bunch of the clothing. These are all from a quilting fabric - I will have to find what it is called later. This one seems to be Sophie's favorite.


I was told by Emma that this one looks like me.


And, Emma loves that this one has a baby. I am sure it is a little sister.


The girls were thrilled that they each had their own package in the mail today. But even more so, they are still on the kitchen floor playing with these cute little girls - we've been home for nearly an hour. This has me thinking that maybe I should find another piece of these fabrics to save so that someday I could add to the collection when they have their own little girls... now where would I put that and not lose it?
PS - I just found this one from flickr and I thought it was a pretty cool idea too. I do love paper dolls. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nocoast2005/1782308606/in/photostream/




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kind of miss those dolls myself. They went on several trips including Florida and Oregon and to the cabin while I was working on them.

Hi Emma and Sophie! Miss you!

Love Nana Barbie