
It's taken me a while to put this post together, for no particular reason. But here is how it went: Emma had a great time at her party with lots of friends, lots of gymnastics, and yummy cupcakes. I was busy - so much, I didn't exactly lock the remote flash on the camera (it fell off once, and didn't fire many times). I forgot a few supplies. Andy spent over six hours (yes, 6!!!) in urgent care and the ER. He has about a dozen stitches in his little pinkie finger, his finger nail is there only to help a new one start growing, and he has a big old fracture in the littlest bone. He arrived to the party just in time to help load the car! I know he was unhappy about all of that, he is still in pain when bumped, etc., and has yet to see the specialist about the bone. So - it ends up a birthday we won't likely forget... especially if there is scarring.
This is Emma at the cupcake table wearing her birthday crown. I plan to make one for Sophie as well. Then, I did promise that I would make them each one that can be used for play - the birthday crowns will come out once a year. I followed the pattern from Soulemama's book: The Creative Family. I think I mentioned this before, but it was super quick to put together once I got focused on the task.
PS - I still can't believe that she is five! So smart, so loving, so amazing. And, she likes to help with the dishes! Can you believe it...
No comments:
Post a Comment