Wednesday, March 11, 2009

playing dressup




Emma wanted to skip ballet today - because she was the queen and about to celebrate her birthday. Sophie was a guest at the party, and I was happy to oblige since it meant I could dig through some patterns to find some inspiration for summer clothes for the girls. I am all about the $8 skirts (just about one yard of fabric and some elastic) from Grand Revival's Ruffle Skirt pattern as Emma loves the first one I made for her... but that can't be all she wears this summer, can it?


I just about finished my summer blouse from Heather Ross's new book "Weekend Sewing"... just need to make the opening a little more modest... then I will photo and post it. It was an easy enough pattern, but I made so many "oops" on this one that it took me a while. It's okay though. I now have made momma size sleeves, a placket and my own bias tape. Now that I have made bias tape, I doubt I will ever use icky store bought again. It is always so stiff and unappealing. Although... not true, I did buy some linen bias tape from Superbuzzy that I love and this new stuff with dots and stripes is great too. But the other stuff... ew, ick.

No comments: