





...but the fruits of his labors will be good. So good. This is a retaining wall or frame for one of our garden beds. We are actually planning about six garden regions this year (oops, I forgot one - make that seven regions). We have blueberry bushes now. We plan for a region dedicated to raspberries. Two areas that will grow tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, and carrots. We are hoping to build a bean trellis or teepee for green beans. There will be a strawberry bed. There will be a flower garden for cutting, picking, smelling, admiring by the girls. I think that covers it. Unfortunately, the soil in the areas that we will garden has not yet been worked since last year. That is part of what Andy is doing now. But... soon we will have an amazing bounty of homegrown goodness. I think I know how Emma, Sophie and I will be occupied this summer and fall... and spring.
Oh, and for the record, Andy moved about three thousand pounds of rock today. He did the same thing last weekend. Wow! Wow! Bring on the heating pad. Oh, and the girls. They like walking on his back. He only winces sometimes. Strong man, good work.
One more thing... you should know that the rain this morning was crazy heavy and Andy was soaked. Super sopping wet. We need some nice spring weather soon. Please.
No comments:
Post a Comment