Monday, April 27, 2009

Emma's Anna




I have had this pattern sitting in the sewing room for so long now - I can't even remember how long ago it was that I bought it. Something about minimal directions and no color photos really kept me from it though. One day, in blogland I happened upon a blog of someone completely talented (she makes Oliver + S patterns, which frighten me) and she made the dress. Not only that, but she expressed the same initial distractions from the pattern that I had. So, when I found her blog, and this dress she made I had to dig out the pattern and get to work. It really was easy, and she can wear it with either pattern in the front. I like that part. As usual, Emma was not interested when it was first finished - at all. It sat in her dresser for about two weeks. Then, this morning she asked me to help her pick out something to wear. I opened the dresser drawer and asked her if she was interested in a skirt, dress, or pants. She picked this. And look at how cute she is with it on! She is looking rather mature these days - it's the ponytail. She likes sporting one, and I am happy to oblige. That's what I would do if I had enough hair.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

The Anna dress looks great! I hope Emma loves the dress as much as my daughter loves her.

If you can sew this, you can totally sew an Oliver and S pattern! The directions are so clearly written, and there are great illustrations. The way they are written have given me so much confidence as a sewer.

Nice job on the Anna dress.