Thursday, April 23, 2009

Take Your Daughter to Work Day


That's today. Andy did. They just left a few minutes ago. It was really cute and sweet. We talk about this day all the time - every year in fact. I think Andy has been looking forward to Emma being old enough to do this for a long time. I just hope she is well behaved... you never can tell. Anyhow, when I told Emma about the plan, she was thrilled. She couldn't stop talking about it. She got dressed so fast this morning - unbelievably so. We packed her a lunchbox with some dried cranberries, a bowl of peanut butter crackers, a granola bar, and a water bottle. She also has her totebag filled with colored pencils, some drawing paper, a workbook, a stencil (heart-shaped), a doll, and a sticker book. She should be well entertained without any of that, but just in case... you never can tell.

Sophie and I are going to her gymnastics class this morning, then the post office to mail out a special birthday gift for a 6 year old, and then we will go have lunch with Emma and Andy. Tomorrow is Andy's first official Friday off from work and it looks to be backyard garden friendly in the forecast. I imagine that is where we will be. Since our weekend is starting early - I will wish you a nice weekend a little early too. Oh, but I do have some cool pictures to put up here in the next few days. Check back soon!
Update: Emma's day at the office is complete. We are home and she had a good day. In fact, I asked her if she had a good time with dad today and her reply: "Yes, I had a really good time today". I think that is similar to what Andy would say about his day. He found a truck for her to sit in and explore, he taught her how to use Catia (a computer program he uses) and she assisted in giving Sophie a tour when we arrived later on. In the cafeteria at lunch, Sophie noticed that there were mostly dads and no moms in the cafeteria... probably something to do with boys and trucks.

No comments: