Monday, June 1, 2009

a very special bandaid


The girls went to the Japanese Gardens yesterday. Nana Barbie included. It was amazing and beautiful and about 10 degrees cooler than out in the backyard. We took lots of pictures. At some point, Sophie needed a bathroom and it took us a little bit of searching - during our search, Sophie fell down and skinned her knee. She was upset, and tired and hot. I took her to the bathroom while Emma waited with Nana Barbie. While we were in the bathroom, Sophie started whining about her knee and water and being carried. She asked for a bandaid. I offered that we could check at the desk on our way out, or I had one in the car. She replied: "But, it has to be a Hello Kitty bandaid." I explained to her that the Hello Kitty bandaids were at home and she would need to wait a little longer to have one of those. She wasn't pleased and continued whining. We exited the bathroom stall and went to the sink area to wash our hands. I had Sophie in my arms. I look down at the counter - to figure out which sink was the least messy and gross. I see a dry spot, and right in the middle is a brand new, untouched, unopened Hello Kitty bandaid. We know it is for us. There was one other person in the bathroom when we went in, but she was already gone when we came out. Whoever you are, "Thank you" - you cheered the little monkey right up... and made our trip home a little more peaceful. How amazing... such a funny little thing to be so upset over, and even funnier that it would happen to exist in the purse of the right stranger at the right time. Love it!

No comments: