Saturday, July 25, 2009

Emma reads.

We always knew it wouldn't take long once she was interested.
I bought the first set of BOB books forever ago. She just wanted to stuff them in a bag and carry them around. They were only read (aloud, to her, by me or Andy) a few times. Little interest (I get it, they aren't much for storytelling).
Last night, Emma picked out one book for bedtime (she selected "A Frog Thing", which is one of the books Sophie got for her birthday). So, I suggested she pick one more. She pulled out a BOB. I decided to gather the whole set, organize them, and offer that we start at the beginning.
Within the last page of the first read through, Emma was reading it with me. Three readings later, Emma read it to me. Then to Dad, who beamed the most "I am so proud of my daughter" beam you could ever imagine.
She kept the book with her when I said goodnight. A few minutes later, as I walked down the hall, I could still hear her reading the story aloud to herself, in the almost dark of 8:45pm: "Mat sat on Sam."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun to have Emma read a book to me!

Tell her I want her to read to me again soon.

Love Barbie