Friday, September 11, 2009

Hoping to catch up


Now that the girls are in school again, I should find myself with a little time to finish some things up, right? Mind you, they do not have school at the same time. In fact, on the days that Sophie has preschool, Emma and I park at the preschool parking lot and walk to kindergarten through the wetlands boardwalk, then I walk back immediately to pick up Sophie. That little walk back is my only time without kids, and it happens twice a week.

I do have a few "first day of school" pictures, but I will have to share those later. They are still in the camera. For now, I am sharing this picture from our trip to the wedding site a few weeks ago. I never got to mention Emma's dress. I made it for her in the same style as Sophie's dress in some of the same fabrics, and a couple different fabrics as well. I decided to make this dress the day before we headed to the site. I knew we were going to be someplace beautiful and I really wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to get some pictures of the girls, looking nice and clean. It's rare. So, I cut out the pieces the night before and the day we were to head out, I got up at about 7am and whipped it together in about 90 minutes and in plenty of time for our outing. Emma did not like it when I had her try it on and even threw it to the ground like it was the worst thing ever. She looks plenty happy now though...

I have a project that I am just about finished with to share really soon. It involves three different craft skills, yarn, fabric, and even a little embroidery floss. I am also nearing completion of my tunic sweater that I really love. I can't wait to show you that one soon. Really soon. Although, I have to say that the cowl is taking SO long - surprisingly long to finish. Maybe tonight though.

No comments: