Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lovely

I found a blog today - The Lovely List - through another blog (the usual route). I quickly got sucked in and had to stay a while. It is lovely. It didn't take me long to discover the giveaway too. A cruiser bike - every month. Oh yes, please enter me.
I once had a bike. While I was at Ohio State, I started with a car. I sold it one year to pay for tuition, and bought a bike. I biked to class every single day. In rain, snow, even across ice - yes, I looked really ridiculous, but I made it to class in the worst weather that year. One night while I had it locked up outside the library, someone came along and claimed it as their own.
I replaced that bike with a new one pretty quickly - I had to, it was my only transportation. That bike stuck with me all the way to Portland, and through my first several years here. When I was in school at Lewis & Clark College, I finally decided to sell it to a classmate. It was a good decision, especially at the time as biking actually wasn't very friendly to my hip. It seemed that I would always get a sore hip during a ride of any length.
But now, I have two girls who love to ride their bikes. Right now they are young enough that they are limited to our driveway and the sidewalk within a few houses of ours, but someday they are going to be ready to explore further and it would be so fun to go with them. So, now I really want a bike again... so that I can continue to explore with the girls...

No comments: