



My sweater, the Big Montana Tunic - I finished it last night. Since I know you are excited about that, you will have to come back this evening to see the finished product. A picture will have to wait for Andy's return home (okay, the picture had to wait a few days, but they are here now. Oh, and sorry for the booty shots, those are the best close-ups of the lacework). But in the meantime, I can say that it's great. It fits well. The blocking went well and the lacework looks really nice. So, I'm really glad I found this pattern and decided to trust my skills. It's good.
If you click on the link above, look at all of the good projects in this magazine. I love so many of them. I think the Tunic was the most budget friendly, but I can't wait to make others. It took me just about a month to make (and you should know that I never worked on this before 8pm, after the girls went to bed - except one day when Andy and I had something suspiciously similar to food poisoning), and that includes finishing about half of the lacework and then ripping it all out and starting over fresh. I'm so glad I did that though. This is my first big project, other than Barbie's shawl, which was a lot of fun to make.
I do have a next project in mind (actually from a different publication), but before I start another knit, I plan to prep some fabric for pj pants for the girls. I am trying to get those finished before Emma completely bursts through her current lineup of sleepwear. She is growing, you know.
If you click on the link above, look at all of the good projects in this magazine. I love so many of them. I think the Tunic was the most budget friendly, but I can't wait to make others. It took me just about a month to make (and you should know that I never worked on this before 8pm, after the girls went to bed - except one day when Andy and I had something suspiciously similar to food poisoning), and that includes finishing about half of the lacework and then ripping it all out and starting over fresh. I'm so glad I did that though. This is my first big project, other than Barbie's shawl, which was a lot of fun to make.
I do have a next project in mind (actually from a different publication), but before I start another knit, I plan to prep some fabric for pj pants for the girls. I am trying to get those finished before Emma completely bursts through her current lineup of sleepwear. She is growing, you know.
edit: All of the details about this sweater and what I did, etc. can be found on Ravelry if you click here. This is the first project that I detailed there, but it will be so helpful to me in the future.
2 comments:
It turned out so lovely!
Looks great! You can model it in person soon.
Barbie
Post a Comment