Sunday, September 20, 2009

Allow me to introduce you


This is Elsa Doll. I made her for Sophie, for her birthday. She is modeled after a doll that I found on another blog and etsy. I just couldn't justify the price tag, but I really loved the doll. So, I decided to make one. First, I drafted a pattern (sketched one on graph paper, and then drew lines for cutting). Then, I headed out to the shops to collect the materials - I already had the right fabrics, but I needed some carded wool for stuffing and the right wool felt for her face. Really, that's it. She's sweet and Sophie loves her so much. She tells me all the time: "Mom, I really love my Elsa Doll." I think she knows what that means to me, because really - she tells me this all the time. She knows.
Elsa is starting to look a little sad. She has some dirty spots on her body that need washed. But, to get her away from Sophie long enough - well, it just hasn't happened. Maybe we can get her cleaned before her grandparents arrive.
Emma asked for one too. I made her one, and she likes it but she has Teddy and she hasn't shown it the same love as Sophie does. I also made one for a niece of mine.

No comments: