Friday, September 25, 2009

She's clean.


Sophie and I had a talk yesterday. I explained to her that Elsa really needed to go into the washing machine to be cleaned (I tried surface cleaning, but she had some serious dirt). I also let her know that for Elsa to go in the wash, she would need to be opened up and unstuffed (she is stuffed with wool and it can't go in the wash). Sophie was okay with this, and handed her Elsa to me and said let's do it. She stood by my side while I unstitched Elsa's bottom and pulled ball after ball of stuffing from her. Sophie then brought me her pillow, we took the case off and put Elsa inside. Then off to the wash, then flat to dry and by the time we headed out for Open House at Emma's school she was back in Sophie's arms. I added back all the original wool stuffing, plus a little extra. Sophie was thrilled to have her back, but noted that she was a little lumpy!

No comments: