This morning. I woke up at 5:30 this morning anyhow, so it seemed meant to be. I went to the dreaded mall ( to get a sweater for the girls, gift cards to Panera for their teachers, and a quick stop in REI for mittens for Sophie). After the mall (which by the way, was not so bad at all and everyone was so cheerful and happy - love that), I came home to drop off my purchases and switched back into my pajamas. Why? Oh, well a LYS - Twisted was having a sale. 20% off everything until noon if you wear your jammies. I'm totally willing to put my jammies back on to save a few bucks. I wanted to get some yarn for Andy's Christmas stocking (I made the girls their stockings the last couple of years, this year is for Andy). I also got the biggest skein of yarn I have ever purchased - 500 yards of alpaca/merino/silk from Blue Moon fiber arts. Such a beautiful yarn in an lovely blue color that I can't wait to knit up. But I will. I started Emma's shrug/sweater this week, both girls picked out hat yarn, and I really want to make Andy's stocking. I can touch the yarn once in a while though - it is just lovely. They also had the Addi click needles on sale (they would have beem $136) - but that's three weeks of tutoring cash that I don't have. For now, I will wait.
How was your Thanksgiving? We went a very non-traditional route, but loved it. I made Andy's mom's recipe for Beef Burgundy and even though the list of ingredients is a bit long, I was surprised at how well I did. Though I'm sure it wasn't as good as when Barbie makes it! Even though it wasn't turkey, it was perfect for us. The girls decorated their gingerbread house. Then, I was planning to make some pizelles, but found myself short by two eggs. This afternoon I plan to fix that and make some - my tastebuds are now expecting them.
We have two photo sessions this week - one is with a newborn who is barely a week old and the other is with a one year old. I'm looking forward to both sessions as we really love both families.
Happy Black Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment